Help us meet our goal of 100% participation!
The challenge will end on Friday, September 29, 2017.
Our students attend a unique school with special programs that require significant investments from our community. District funding alone is not enough to provide our students with the educational programs they deserve. Please help our PTA continue to provide resources for our students and teachers by contributing to this year’s BAG campaign.
In an effort to meet our goals to support the students of Barnard Elementary, we will once again be challenging each classroom to recruit as many BAG contributors as possible. The classes with the most participation and the highest amount of donations will win a set of playground equipment! (TK/K will win a Science center kit). Class competition will be broken up in the following groups: TK/K – 1st, 2nd – 3rd, and 4th – 5th.
Question: How do I participate in the Barnard Annual Giving (BAG) Challenge?
Answer: Make a donation to BAG and become a member of the PTA. BAG forms are enclosed in the packet that the PTA distributed the second week of school.
[Back To Top]
You can become a BAG sustaining member with a monthly contribution! Make a donation of $20 a month or more, not only does your donation count toward the Classroom Challenge, you will also receive a gift. Gift levels are:
- Green Panda – $20 a month ($200 total) donation receives a Barnard reusable plastic stadium cup.
- Yellow Panda – $30 a month ($300 total) donation receives a Barnard drawstring backpack and everything listed above..
- Red Panda – $50 a month ($500 total) donation receives a Barnard cooler lunch bag and everything listed above.
- Silver Panda – $100 a month ($1,000 total) donation receives one 2017-2018 yearbook for each Barnard student in your family and everything listed above.
- Gold Panda – $200 a month ($2,000 total) donation receives two tickets to the Barnard auction and everything listed above.
You can make a monthly recurring donation to the Barnard Annual Giving Campaign using the following PayPal link:
You can make a one-time donation to the Barnard Annual Giving Campaign using the following PayPal link:
[Back To Top]
Remember that every dollar you give goes towards:
- TEACHERS, INTERNS, AND AIDES – The PTA pays for resource teachers and the costs of bringing aides and interns from China and Taiwan to add support and culture to our program.
- CURRICULUM – Your PTA dollars purchase the online access to the K‐5 Mandarin curriculum and supplemental online resources, such as Raz‐Kids and Achieve 3000
- FIELD TRIPS – The PTA pays for rewarding offsite learning excursions that complement classroom instruction.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT – The PTA augments our teachers’ training with in‐school professional development classes and offsite workshops and conferences, especially in the Mandarin curriculum.
- COMMUNITY BUILDING – The PTA also provides opportunities for parents and students to interact and learn together at family Art, Science, and Writers’ Nights; community dine‐outs; an annual school dance, talent show, and theater productions; our renowned community Chinese New Year festival; and so much more.