Reading is Magic!
Help us fundraise for reach support, science/art programs, campus improvements, classroom supplies, and more! This year’s goal is $30,000 for the benefit of our Barnard Pandas! All donations are tax-deductible.
All students will get a FREE T-Shirt for Read-A-Thon Spirit Week.
Did your student lose their Read-A-Thon information flyer? Download it here.
Start Your Read-a-thon Fundraiser in 7 Easy Steps:
- Set up your personal PLEDGESTAR fundraising page today and get a bookmark PRIZE!
○ Go to https://pledgestar.com/barnard/ and click “NOT REGISTERED FOR THIS YEAR’S EVENT.”
○ Enter your name and email address, then click “SUBMIT.” (If you were a Barnard family last year, you can use the same email address to import contacts.)
○ Follow the instructions on the screen including adding your picture and email contacts. After you’ve successfully set up your personal Pledgestar fundraising page, a bookmark will be delivered to you in class!
- Send 10 donation EMAILS using Pledgestar. You can even include a picture of yourself reading your favorite book!
- Post your fundraising page on Social Media. Use the sample script below or add a video of your own! Be creative and remember to include your LINK from the “Share on Social Media” section of Pledgestar.
“Greetings! You will be happy to hear that I have been a busy reader this year. Now I have a chance to really shine by helping my school, Barnard Mandarin Magnet Elementary School, by being a part of our “Reading is Magic” Read-A-Thon, but I need your help!”
- Ask 3 FAMILY MEMBERS to donate. Enter any cash/check donations yourself on your Pledgestar page or return them to the Read-a-thon table by the front office in the attached sealed envelope on Wednesday, January 12, 19, or 26 during drop-off or pickup.
- Ask 3 NEIGHBORS to donate. Enter any cash/check donations yourself on your Pledgestar page or return them to the Read-a-thon table by the front office in the attached sealed envelope on Wednesday, January 12, 19, or 26 during drop-off or pickup.
- WEEK 2: TEXT/CALL 5 new people for donations. You can use the script above!
- WEEKS 2 and 3: Post a PROGRESS VIDEO on social media asking for donations.
Include what you’re fundraising for, how much you raised so far, and your ultimate goal.
WEEKLY PRIZES FOR STUDENTS:
- WEEK 1 (January 10-14): Set up your Pledgestar fundraising page and get a free bookmark!
- WEEK 2 (January 17-21): Complete at least 5 items on the Panda’s list to get a free temporary tattoo at the Read-A-Thon Prize Table during drop-off/pickup on Wednesday, January 12, 19, or 26 by the main gate.
- WEEK 3 Spirit Week (January 24-28): Wear your Chinese New Year/Read-A-Thon t-shirt to get a Surprise Prize on Friday!