Welcome to Barnard! This page contains tools and resources for newly-enrolled and already-enrolled Barnard families.
ATTENTION ALL 2023 INCOMING PARENTS: Please read this welcome letter from 2022-23 PTA President Jennette Shay and complete our 2023-24 contact form to stay informed of school events and other important information. This form includes registration for the New Parent Mentor Program.
Resources to help all families prepare for school:
- New Parent Mentor Program: Join this program if you want to be matched with a seasoned Barnard family who can guide you through your first few months at our school. Parents of incoming students in any grade are welcome to participate in this program. More information can be found here for new incoming parents and here for current Barnard parents interested in being a mentor. To register for the 2023 mentor program as a new or seasoned Barnard family please complete the PTA mentor form.
- District Nutrition/Cafeteria: Check out the cafeteria menu for this school year.
- Barnard School Calendar: Follow the school calendar to learn about upcoming events, holidays, and other important dates.
- SDUSD Academic Calendars: Find all district holidays and breaks for the academic year.
Sign up for school and PTA communications here:
- eBlast: Don’t miss out! Enter your information to receive the PTA’s weekly newsletter.
- Facebook: Join our Facebook group for important updates, reminders, and conversations about life at Barnard. Only parents of current Barnard students can join the group. Incoming parents will be admitted in at the start of the school year. Please do not request to join our group before then. New parent contact forms must be received prior to joining our group.
- Peachjar: Peachjar is the school’s electronic flier mailing system. Visit this page to see all Barnard fliers.
Need more information? Have more questions? Contact the Barnard Welcome Committee. We’re happy to help!