Welcome to Barnard! This page contains tools and resources for newly-enrolled and already-enrolled Barnard families.
ATTENTION ALL 2021 INCOMING PARENTS: Please read this welcome letter from 2020-2021 PTA President Scott Moore and complete our 2021-22 contact form to stay informed of school events and other important information. This form includes registration for the New Parent Mentor Program.
- TK/Kindergarten playdate #1: Sunday, July 18, 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM, Kate Sessions Park
- TK/Kindergarten playdate #2: Saturday, August 7, 10 AM – 12 PM, South Clairemont Community Playground
- All-school playdate #3: Tuesday, August 24, 3 PM – 5 PM, Liberty Station playground
- All-school dine-out: Tuesday, August 24, 5 PM – 9 PM, Slater’s 50/50 in Liberty Station
- New parent orientation: Friday, August 27, 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM; Complete our 2021-22 Contact Form to receive the Zoom details via email.
- First day of school: Monday, August 30, 7:45 AM
*Current Covid safety protocols will be followed at all events. All dates, times, and locations will be confirmed over the summer via email. Make sure you are on our list!
Resources to help all families prepare for school:
- PTA Parent Guidebook: Written by parents
for parents! This guidebook will help you navigate your student’s first year at our school — but it’s just as useful for returning families. Check it out! Please note: this guidebook is relevant for a typical school year. Virtual learning and hybrid learning models may render components of this document irrelevant throughout a COVID-based environment.
- New Parent Mentor Program: Join this program if you want to be matched with a seasoned Barnard family who can guide you through your first few months at our school. Parents of incoming students in any grade are welcome to participate in this program. More information can be found here. Registration for the summer 2021 mentor program can be completed on the PTA contact form. If you are a seasoned Barnard family that would like to register as a mentor family, sign up here.
- District Nutrition/Cafeteria: Check out the cafeteria menu for this school year.
- Barnard School Calendar: Follow the school calendar to learn about upcoming events, holidays, and other important dates.
SDUSD Academic Calendars: Find all district holidays and breaks for the academic year.
Sign up for school and PTA communications here:
- eBlast: Don’t miss out! Enter your e-mail address here to receive the PTA’s weekly newsletter.
- Facebook: Join our Facebook group for important updates, reminders, and conversations about life at Barnard. Only parents of current Barnard students can join the group. Incoming parents will be admitted in at the start of the school year. Please do not request to join our group before then. New parent contact forms must be received prior to joining our group.
- Peachjar: Peachjar is the school’s electronic flier mailing system. Visit this page to see all Barnard fliers.
Need more information? Have more questions? Contact Love Zubiller and the Barnard Welcome Committee. We’re happy to help!