Barnard PTA Committees
Do you want to help make Barnard the best school it can be? Do you want to get involved with the PTA, but don’t know how? Do you want to take ownership of a school-wide project that will impact hundreds of students at Barnard?
Here’s your chance! Volunteer as a PTA Committee or Event Chair or member! Each of the below committees needs an enthusiastic person to oversee or help with its implementation in the coming school year. Don’t know what to do or how to get started? No problem! The Barnard PTA Board will support you.
Contact email@example.com for more info.
- After-school Programs: Recruits and manages program providers; coordinates scheduling with school; disseminates program information to Barnard community.
- Auction: Responsible for planning event, marketing and promotion, soliciting and organizing donations, coordinating online bidding, collecting payment, and distributing auction winnings.
- Barnard Annual Giving (BAG): Responsible for the school’s annual giving program, including soliciting and recording donations, choosing and distributing donation incentives, and the creating and distributing related correspondence.
- Book Fair: Manage the Scholastic book fair, including set up, clean up, and coordinating volunteers.
- Box Tops for Education: Solicit Barnard parents to collect the pink Box Tops for Education squares from their favorite grocery store products; consolidate them on a regular basis and submit them to the Box Tops organization for school donations. This is an easy and non-time consuming way to be involved with the PTA.
- Chinese New Year: Responsible for the school’s signature event, including scheduling performers and vendors, managing activity booths, obtaining prizes, coordinating volunteers, decorating, marketing and advertising, and soliciting sponsors.
- Communications: This chairperson oversees all PTA communications, including our weekly eBlast, our web page, and the Barnard Friends and Family Facebook page.
- Garden: Manages all aspects of the school’s garden, including planting, maintenance, harvest, delivery to school cafeteria.
- Jog-a-thon: Manages all aspects of the school’s largest fundraiser, including coordinating schedules with Coach MJ, obtaining and distributing fundraising and running incentives, and soliciting and judging art contest entries.
- Kindergarten Welcome Committee: Planning begins in the spring and summer prior to the new school year. Responsible for creating, distributing, and collecting a welcome packet for new parents, assigning parent mentors, and assisting with new parent integration.
- Teacher Appreciation: Coordinates the activities for Teacher Appreciation week, including planning the teacher luncheon and gifts
- Yearbook: Responsible for the creation of the yearbook, including taking pictures, creating pages, and managing sales and distribution.
- Talent Show
- Family Dance
- Science Night
- Art Night
- Writers Night
- Dine-Out/Shop Night(s)
- Kindergarten/5th Grade Promotions